Half Term, Happiness & Hogwarts
Published on Friday, February 10, 2012
I don’t remember whether Harry Potter ever went on half term from Hogwarts but if he did, what did he get up to? I do remember a zoo trip, a stay with friends, shopping in the ‘alley’ , a flying car trip……….all fairly normal half term activities except for maybe the flying car and buying magic wands!!
As for me and my kids, this half term, we will escape for a few days to a wonderful hideaway in Dawlish, for sea walks, cream teas and plenty of rest time. One of the things I love most about the holidays is just simply the break in routine. I don’t like it for long but a few days is perfect. Time off from scurrying around at unwelcome morning hours looking for PE shorts or being informed the night before at 10.30pm that my teenage son needs new football boots for the morning.
That said, no matter what time of year, we have to stick to a routine at ZEBRA as the firing of the ceramics is quite a regimented and lengthy process. Once the items are painted, they disappear into our workshop where they get:
plenty of time to dry,
dipped in glaze,
wiped down, scraped and wet sponged underneath
fired for hours in our kiln at very toasty temperatures
plenty of time to cool down ready to reveal their full shiny glory
a wrapping session in tissue paper ready for collection
Why not come and visit us this half term at ZEBRA Ceramics – break your usual routine and help contribute to ours. If Harry Potter is your thing then check out our fantastic wizards and get more info on @MuggleNET….. if not, get creative with our new T-Rex, cupcake moneybox, mugs and plates galore.
And when half-term is over, meet me on the platform at Kings Cross with the kids and let Dumbledore find the PE shorts!
- 07.03 Baby Buzz Magazine
- 04.03 March, Mothers & Madness
- 01.03 What's on 4 2013 Junior Award
- 08.02 SMARTA 60 second start-up business blog
- 25.01 an elephant never forgets
- 29.10 Chocolate for life...
- 01.10 No tricks, just treats!!
- 19.07 TIME FLIES
- 28.06 Silver Print Jewellery Sales Consultants
- 27.06 PPP AWARD 2012/2013
- 25.06 TALENTED ZEBRAS
- 04.06 my BEST FRIEND is...
- 20.04 The Bucket List...
- 17.04 ZEBRA & GIRAFFE...
- 16.04 ZEBRA took on DRAGON...
- 08.04 Size DOES matter!!
- 13.03 what's in a name?
- 07.03 it’s all pretty black and white!
- 29.02 more than 1 in a million
- 24.02 Take my little hand...
- 15.02 Mother's Day tips for Dads
- 10.02 Half Term, Happiness & Hogwarts
- 08.02 One born every minute...
- 01.02 SCHOOL VISITS
- 11.09 Muswell Hill Festival
- 09.09 Silver Home Kit
- 08.09 Our new website